SECTION 1 - WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing: With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
SECTION 2 - CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
You grant bkr a license to use the materials you post to the Site or any third-party website, including any social media websites, channels and platforms. By posting, downloading, displaying, performing, transmitting, or otherwise distributing third-party information or other third-party content (“User Content”) to the Site or Service, including any third-party public websites or social media websites, channels and platforms, you are granting bkr, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives a license to use the User Content in connection with the operation of the business of bkr, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives, including without limitation, a right to copy, distribute (through any means or methods whether now known or hereafter to become known), modify, create derivative works of, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate, and reformat the User Content. You will not be compensated for any of bkr’s use of the User Content. You agree that bkr may publish or otherwise disclose your name in connection with your User Content. By posting User Content on the Site or Service, you warrant and represent that you own the rights to the User Content or are otherwise authorized to post, distribute, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute the User Content.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing us at:
720 Market St. 9th Floor
San Francisco California US 94102
SECTION 3 - DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
SECTION 4 - SHOPIFY
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
SECTION 5 - THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
SECTION 6 - CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS (FOR CA RESIDENTS ONLY) - Additional disclosures related to collection, use and disclosure of personal data.
If you are a California resident, the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires us to disclose the following information with respect to our collection, use and disclosure of personal data.
- Categories of Personal Data Collected: In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal data: identifiers, characteristics of protected classifications under California or U.S. law, commercial information, internet and electronic network activity, geolocation data, inferences drawn about your preferences, and other categories of personal data that relates to or is reasonably capable of being associated with you. For examples of the precise data points we collect, please see “COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA”.
- Business or Commercial Purpose for Collecting and Using Data: We collect personal data for the business purposes described in the “USE OF PERSONAL DATA” section.
- Categories of Sources of Personal Data: We collect personal data from you and the sources described in the “PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES” section.
- Categories of Personal Data Disclosed: In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal data for business or commercial purposes: identifiers, internet and electronic network activity information, commercial information, geolocation data, demographic information, inferred information, and other information that we have derived or inferred about you or that relates to or is reasonably capable of being associated with you.
- Categories of Third Parties With Whom We Share Personal Data: We may share your personal data with the third parties as described in the “DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA” section.
- Sale of Personal Data: bkr does not sell your personal data.
YOUR CONSUMER RIGHTS
California consumers have the right to request access to their personal data, additional details about our information practices and deletion of their personal data (subject to certain exceptions). California consumers also have the right to opt out of sales of personal data, if applicable. We describe how California consumers can exercise their rights under the CCPA below. Please note that you may designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on your behalf by providing written materials demonstrating that you have granted the authorized agent power of attorney. Please note that if an authorized agent submits a request on your behalf, we may need to contact you to verify your identity and protect the security of your personal data. We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise your rights under the CCPA.
Right to Know: You may request access to the specific pieces of personal data we have collected about you in the last 12 months. You may also request additional details about our information practices, including the categories of personal data we have collected about you, the sources of such collection, the categories of personal data we share for a business or commercial purpose, and the categories of third parties with whom we share your personal data. You may make these requests by emailing email@example.com or visiting THIS PAGE. After submitting your request, please monitor your email for a verification email. We are required by law to verify your identity prior to granting access to your data in order to protect your privacy and security.
Deletion: You may request that we delete the personal data we have collected about you. Please note that we may retain certain information as required or permitted by applicable law. You may make these requests by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or visiting THIS PAGE. After submitting your request, please monitor your email for a verification email. We are required by law to verify your identity prior to deleting your data in order to protect your privacy and security. If you request to delete your personal data, certain of our products and services may no longer be available to you.
720 Market St. 9th Floor
San Francisco California US 94102
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
PERSONAL DATA YOU PROVIDE DIRECTLY TO US
We collect personal data directly from you in a variety of ways, including when you:
- Register for an account or create a profile;
- Request additional information about our products or services or sign up to receive our e-mail newsletters, marketing messages or coupons;
- Interact with us on social media, such as by tagging us and/or our products or permitting us to follow your social media profile;
- Purchase any product from us;
- Provide design or product feedback or make other submissions to us;
- Request information or assistance from us, including correspondence with our customer service team;
- Participate in or respond to surveys or requests for opinions, feedback and preferences;
- Participate in or register for our ambassador or membership programs;
- Using other features of our websites that may be offered from time to time, which may require information in order to utilize the features; and
- Sign up for and participate in events, contests, sweepstakes, promotions and special programs that we provide.
The types of personal data we collect directly from you may include: your name, username, password, e-mail address, address, telephone number, credit card and debit card numbers (with expiration dates), demographic information, personal preferences, clothing size, goals, and any other personal data that you choose to include in your profile or in other communications with us.
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
We automatically collect personal data when you access and use our Services. The types of information we collect may include:
- Networking and device information, such as your browser type, IP address, and operating system version, language settings;
- Information about your activity on our Services, such your access times, pages viewed, the routes by which you access our Services, your use of any hyperlinks available within our Services;
- Information about your purchases or transactions with us, including records of products or services you have purchased, returned or are considering purchasing from us;
- Information collected via cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies, including Internet service provider (ISP), Mobile Advertising ID, media access control (MAC) address, or identifiers associated with browser cookies, web beacons and similar technologies we deploy on our Services;
- Location information in accordance with your device permissions. For more details, please see “YOUR CHOICES” section.
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may collect personal data about you from other sources. For example, we may collect personal data about you from:
- Third-party social media and communication services, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google and Instagram, that you use to interact with our Services (e.g., to create an account) or that allow you to share information (e.g., via plugins, widgets or other tools), but always in accordance with the authorization procedures and privacy settings you establish with such services; and
- Unaffiliated parties, such as service providers that we use, analytics companies, advertising networks, consumer data resellers, and other third parties that provide us with information, so we can better understand you and provide you with information and offers that may be of interest to you.
PERSONAL DATA WE DERIVE
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the other types of personal data we collect. For example, we may infer your location based on your IP address, or that you are interested in purchasing women’s yoga tops based on your browsing behavior on our Services.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
We collect and use personal data for business and commercial purposes, including to:
- Develop, provide and improve our products, events and services;
- Complete the transactions you request, perform our contractual obligations, and as otherwise anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship;
- Create and manage your online accounts, profiles and bkr memberships;
- Send notifications related to your account, purchases, exchanges and returns;
- Respond to your requests and any other communications from you, including to provide customer service;
- Send advertising or marketing communications about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by bkr and others, and provide news and information that we believe may be of interest to you;
- Offer and administer, contests, prize draws, sweepstakes and other promotions;
- Analyze your engagement with our brand and your use of our Services to better understand your interests and behaviors and customize your experience;
- Detect security incidents and protect against malicious, deceptive, or illegal activity, including fraudulent transactions, error, negligence, and breach of contract, and to protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of bkr and our users, customers, employees or the public;
- Debug, identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality of our Services;
- Comply with our legal obligations, including our tax obligations and those related to the prevention of fraud and money laundering, and those required for you to benefit from rights recognized by law, or any regulatory requirements or provisions; and
- Carry out certain short-term activities and other reasonable internal purposes related to the products or services you purchase from us or your ongoing relationship with us.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
We share personal data for the purposes described below:
- With our Service Providers. We share personal data with unaffiliated companies or individuals we hire or work with that perform services on our behalf, including customer support, web hosting, information technology, payment processing, product fulfilment, fraud control, direct mail and email distribution, events, contest, sweepstakes and promotion administration, and analytics services. We only share with service providers the personal data that they need to perform services for us. Since our service providers are located around the world, please note that these disclosures involve cross-border transfers of your personal data.
- In Connection with a Corporate Transaction. Personal data may be disclosed or transferred as part of, or during negotiations of any purchase, sale, lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, securitization or financing involving bkr.
- With our Professional Advisors. We share personal data with our legal, financial, insurance and other advisors in connection with the kinds of corporate transactions described above or in connection with the management of all or part of bkr’s business or operations.
- With Law Enforcement Authorities and Individuals Involved in Legal Proceedings. We disclose personal data when we believe doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with applicable law or legal process (including an enforceable request from authorities), to respond to claims (including inquiries by you in connection with your purchases from bkr), or to protect the rights, property or personal safety of bkr, our users, employees or the public.
- With Your Consent or at Your Direction. We share personal data with third parties when we have your consent to do so. For example, if you decide to participate in certain interactive areas or features of our events or Services, such as creating a public profile and posting your goals, you consent to the disclosure of this information to other users of our websites. We may also share your personal data with third parties when you intentionally direct us to do so or when you use our Services to intentionally interact with third parties.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purpose for which we use them, see the section about Cookies.
DATA SECURITY, TRANSFERS, AND RETENTION
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure or private. If you have any questions about the security of personal data collected by bkr, please contact: email@example.com.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We retain personal data in accordance with applicable law. Unless otherwise required by applicable law, bkr will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal data it holds if such personal data is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was collected.
The Services are not intended for children under the age of 18. bkr does not target our Services to children under 18.
THIRD PARTY SITES
Please note that our websites contain links to third-party websites that are not controlled or operated by bkr. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that bkr does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please review these policies before you disclose any personal data when visiting such third-party websites.
You have certain choices with respect to how we treat your personal data, as described below.
You may review and modify your account and profile information by logging into your online account at any time. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request that we update your account or profile information.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the instructions in those communications or by logging into your online account and changing your communications preferences. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
When you first launch any of our mobile applications that collect precise location information, you will be asked to consent to the application’s collection of this information. If you initially consent to our collection of this location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. If you do so, our mobile applications, or certain features thereof, may no longer function properly.
MOBILE PUSH NOTIFICATIONS/ALERTS
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Like many websites, bkr uses “cookies” to analyze visits to our website and help us improve our website and services. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to remove or reject cookies. Please follow your browser’s process for doing so. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our websites.
SECTION 7 - SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
SECTION 8 - COOKIES
We use "cookies," like other websites, which are files stored on your computer’s hard drive by your browser to identify account holders. Cookies allow us to follow your activity on the Websites and help us to understand your shopping preferences, improve your website experience and remember user information such as your user name and password.
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
_session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
_shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
PREF, persistent for a very short period, Set by Google and tracks who visits the store and from where
SECTION 9 - AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
We respect children’s privacy. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect or maintain Personal Information from children under age 13, and no part of the Service is directed to children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any Personal Information to us. You should rely on a parent or guardian to assist you. If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, you may alert us at email@example.com. If we learn that we have collected any Personal Information from children under 13, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child’s account
Section 10 - SMS/MMS MOBILE MESSAGING MARKETING PROGRAM
We respect your privacy. We will only use information you provide through the Program to transmit your mobile messages and respond to you, if necessary. This includes, but is not limited to, sharing information with platform providers, phone companies, and other vendors who assist us in the delivery of mobile messages. WE DO NOT SELL, RENT, LOAN, TRADE, LEASE, OR OTHERWISE TRANSFER FOR PROFIT ANY PHONE NUMBERS OR CUSTOMER INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH THE PROGRAM TO ANY THIRD PARTY. Nonetheless, We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or governmental request, to avoid liability, or to protect Our rights or property. When you complete forms online or otherwise provide Us information in connection with the Program, you agree to provide accurate, complete, and true information. You agree not to use a false or misleading name or a name that you are not authorized to use. If, in Our sole discretion, We believe that any such information is untrue, inaccurate, or incomplete, or you have opted into the Program for an ulterior purpose, We may refuse you access to the Program and pursue any appropriate legal remedies.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits Users of the Program that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of the information you provide through the Program to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at the following address:
720 Market St. 9th Floor
San Francisco California US 94102
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at
720 Market St. 9th Floor
San Francisco California US 94102