Shipping Protection Policy
Shipping Protection offers you peace of mind package protection for all of your orders at an affordable price. Review the below information to understand what lost, stolen, and damaged items Shipping Protection will cover and how to proceed should you need to make a claim.
The cost to you - to fully protect your package in the event that it is lost, damaged, or stolen - is calculated based on the subtotal of the order. When an order issue is reported and resolved, your product will either be reordered or refunded depending on in-stock availability and percentage of discounts received. In some cases, order issues may not be approved per the Package Protection policies outlined here.
Shortly after we process your reorder, you will receive a confirmation email that includes the new order number and receipt of purchase. Once the Reorder is shipped, you will receive another email with tracking information: tracking number, and a link to track via the carrier service (i.e. UPS, USPS, etc.).
Refunds are calculated on the exact price you paid for the item(s) - excluding the cost of the Shipping Protection premium. Refunds are processed directly to your original form of payment typically within 5-7 business days.
LIMITS OF LIABILITY
$2,500 any one package or shipment.
To and from ports and or places in the World to ports and or places in the World with privilege of transshipment by land and/or water; however, shipments to/from Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Somalia, Sudan, Haiti, Nigeria, Pakistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Russia and Uzbekistan are excluded entirely.
Shipping Protection attaches from the time the goods commence transit and/or are located anywhere incidental to transit and continues during the ordinary course of transit until transportation terminates at final destination or the customer’s interest ceases, whichever occurs first.
If the customer’s package has not shipped, bkr can refund the Shipping Protection fee. If the item has shipped, bkr is already protecting the package and cannot refund the customer.
CLAIM FILING TIME FRAME(S)
It is understood and agreed that the following timelines for claims transmittal must be adhered to in order for a claim to be processed:
- Claims for packages presumed to be lost by the carrier, where the status is “not delivered” must be filed no sooner than 7 days after the scheduled delivery date for domestic shipments (and 20 days for international shipments), but not later than 30 days from the date the shipment was originally scheduled to be delivered.
- All other claims for loss or damage should be filed as soon as discovered but in no event later than 60 days from the purchase date.
- Claims for packages marked by the carrier as “delivered” yet not received by the customer must be filed no sooner than 7 days after the date marked “delivered” and no later than 30 days from the date and time shown by carrier as delivered. bkr reserves the right to require proof of either a copy of a police report showing report of theft or security video recording showing evidence of theft.
GENERAL COVERAGE EXCLUSIONS
Shipping Protection does not apply against any loss, damage or expense attributable to or caused by:
- Ordinary loss in weight or volume, or ordinary wear and tear of the goods;
- Willful misconduct, conversion or dishonest acts of the customer, or the customer's employees, whether committed alone or in collusion with others.
- The customer’s entering of the wrong or incomplete address at the time of order.
Shipping Protection also does not apply in the following situations:
- If the customer is unsatisfied with their product, Shipping Protection does not cover this and the customer should reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for return information and requirements.
- If the customer files it’s claim outside of the claim reporting timeline noted above.
- If the customer does not respond within 5 days, bkr will automatically close the order issues. Customers can open the order issues back up by responding to the original thread.
- If the customer paid for expedited shipping but the package arrives outside of the expected window, Shipping Protection will not cover this and the customer should contact email@example.com.
If something went wrong with your protected order, you can report it by filing a claim here:
PACKAGES PRESUMED TO BE LOST
Order issues for packages presumed to be lost by the carrier (where the status is not "delivered") must be filed no sooner than 7 days after the last tracking update for United States domestic shipments (20 days for international shipments, including Canada) and within 30 days from the last checkpoint.
Invalid address or delivery barriers
Sometimes carriers cannot deliver the customer’s package due to an invalid address or other unexpected delivery barriers. At this point, the carrier might return the package to bkr. The customer’s package is not actually lost, thus bkr’s Shipping Protection does not cover this. In instances where the item is being returned to bkr, customers will contact firstname.lastname@example.org to validate address and bkr will re ship once package is received back at our warehouse.
Only part of the order delivered
If the customer ordered several items in one package but only part of the order arrived and there is no evidence of tampering, bkr’s Shipping Protection does not cover the order issue. Please contact email@example.com.
If a single order is being shipped in multiple packages and one package does not arrive, bkr’s Shipping Protection will cover the order issue and reorder or refund the value of the undelivered package.
If bkr forgot to ship an item from the customer’s order, the customer needs to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to have the missing items fulfilled.
Packages labeled "return to sender"
- Shipping Protection does not cover packages labeled return to sender . Items are returned to sender when a customer provides an invalid or undeliverable address or refuses a delivery.
- Shipping Protection covers the customer’s order if the package gets lost in-transit back to the bkr.*
*Please note: Shipping Protection timeframes for filing apply.
Order stuck in customs
- Shipping Protection cannot cover when a customer’s order is stuck in international borders/customs.
- The customer’s next step is to pay the customs fees in order to receive the package.
- If bkr via Shipping Protection replaces something the customer has already paid customs on, in bkr’s discretion, bkr can approve and pay customs the second time.
Order marked as unfulfilled or unshipped
- If the customer’s order is marked as unfulfilled or unshipped, the order hasn’t been fulfilled yet which means there could be low stock or internal delays with the fulfillment center.
- Shipping Protection is not yet in action because the order has not shipped.
Order issue filed too soon
- If the customer is filing an order issue the same day that the package was marked as delivered, at our discretion bkr may ask you to wait 5 business days. Carriers (FedEx, USPS, UPS, DHL, etc.) sometimes prematurely mark the package as delivered when it’s still in transit.
Delivered but missing package
At our discretion, bkr may require a police report when the customer’s package is marked as delivered.
- Customer files the police report and includes an explanation: bkr has a Shipping Protection policy that has protected the customer’s package that has been stolen. To process the order issue with bkr, bkr is requiring a police report.
- Send bkr the police report PDF & number in the order issue.
Upon request, bkr can require additional documentation (e.g. proof of identity, address, etc.).
Note: Depending upon the jurisdiction, a false police report may be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony
**Order issues for packages marked "delivered" yet not received are considered by bkr as stolen and must be filed 7 days after “delivery date” but no longer than 30 days to ensure it was not misdelivered or easily found around the premises.
Filing a police report
- On orders over $100, bkr requires evidence of the police report
- Customer files the police report and includes an explanation that bkr has a Shipping Protection policy that has protected the customer’s package that has been stolen. To process the order issue with bkr, bkr is requiring a police report. Send bkr the police report PDF & number in the order issue.
- Upon request, bkr can require additional documentation (e.g. proof of identity, address, notary, etc.).
DAMAGED ITEMS POLICIES
- If the customer received a broken item and needs to dispose of it (i.e. shattered glass), the customer needs to check their city recycling policies and dispose of it properly.
- The customer does not need to ship it back to bkr (unless bkr indicates otherwise).
- A damaged item is considered to be a broken product that is unusable, clearly fractured, shattered, bent (if not bendable), crushed, etc.
- bkr’s Shipping Protection does not cover cosmetic damage (scratches, dents, etc.), packaging errors, or unsealed items. In this instance, please contact email@example.com and include photos of the claimed damage.
- bkr may require further evidence of the customer’s damaged item (i.e. more photos, videos, etc.).